Mine Harbour by Keha 3

001Image courtesy of Keha3

Mine Harbour by Keha 3

The renovated barracks was built in 1915-1917 as a mine warehouse for Peter the Great’s marine castle. At the end of the Independence War in 1918, the building was still used as a mine warehouse and was also a place to maintain the torpedos and other equipment.

002Image courtesy of Keha3

After obtaining submarines for the navy at the end of 1930s, the building was partially rebuilt for the submanrine’s manufactory and for storehouses. Later the warehouse has been used for workrooms and even for dwellings. For the past 12 years it has functioned as a Navy School. Thus to the long history of the barracs, the mine lightings were inspired by it.

003Image courtesy of Keha3

more.  www.keha3.ee

Share on Pinterest