CCA ŁAŹNIA 2 Residence Program 2013 announces open–call for 2 Artists
2013 will be the pilot year for the artists’ residencies in CCA ŁAŹNIA 2. We plan to open our door for 2 artists interested in developing their practice and creating new work in the context of Gdansk, and its district New Port.
The entire 3rd floor of the newly rebuilt former boathouse building in New Port district of Gdańsk was transformed into 8 studios for artists. The building consists also of a cinema, library and workshop space, that can be all used by the artists for their works of art. The living accommodation provides potential for many types of Art based activities to take place such as discussions, film screenings and social events. Artists Residency shall culminate in a form of a final work in the shape chosen by the artist.
New Port district is currently undergoing the process of revitalization lacking cultural activities. We are therefore looking for works socially engaged and developed to stimulate public space. Artists are encouraged to establish a collaboration / discussion with the local community members and local industries (for example the port). The residency will provide artists the opportunity to research and develop their ideas through the production of new works.
Artists Residency shall be divided into 2 separated stages:
2 weeks research visit to be carried out between May and June
Production stage 2 months to be carried out between August and November
CCA ŁAŹNIA 2 will offer:
– a space to live and work
– artistic fee inclusive of travel allowance, costs of living, insurance: 3000 PLN / artist for the 2 weeks long research trip
– artistic fee inclusive of travel allowance, costs of living, insurance: 6000 PLN / artist for the 2 months long production phase
– material costs allowance up to 2500PLN / artist (paid upon submission of receipts)
– support of CCA ŁAŹNIA team throughout the term in residence.
Application deadline 10th February
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org the documentation mentioned below (pdf format in one zip file) with your name in the title:
– Artist’s statement mentioning main points of focus in your work (1500 words maximum)
– Artist’s CV (max. 2 pages)
– 10 work samples (or links to your works)
– a personal description of yourself (max.100 words)
– description of the work you plan to carry out during your stay at CCA ŁAŹNIA 2
– a link to your website
– references (2 minimum) from a professional person
-there are no limitations nor preferences in relation to such factors as country of origin, age, media, etc.
-applicants should be reasonably fluent in English (spoken and written)
For further information please contact Aleksandra Ksiezopolska: email@example.com
CCA ŁAŹNIA 2
Strajku Dokerów 5 str.
Gdańsk – Nowy Porty