It’s LIQUID Contest – 1st Edition 2012
The contest is born aiming at promoting contemporary art, photography and design through all the divulging tools that the communication platform It’s LIQUID has used for years (press release, mailing list with more than 80,000 subscribers, international contemporary art and design events realization). The first edition of It’s LIQUID International Contest 2012 received more than 300 submissions, 5 winners (one for each category) and 15 honourable mentions (3 for each category) selected following the criteria of quality of the work, originality and uniqueness.
The prizes awarded to the first places of each category were:
– n.5 prizes, of the value of 10.000,00 euro, consisting in one year of interviews, publications and specials on the It’s LIQUID Platform and one year of email announcements sent to the mailing list dedicated (more than 60.000 subscribers), to the winner artists of all categories.
– A collective exhibition about winner artists of all categories at the Rearte Gallery, Wien (Austria).
– The realization of a site-specific artwork set in the context of the city of Venice, for winner artists of sculpture and installation, video-art, product design categories. The prize is offered by Contaminante, an interactive project between planners, artists and territory which carries out site specific shows that become in the end integral part of the heritage of the city.
– Prize of the value of 5.000,00 euro consisting in one year of participation to the International Video-art Festivals organized by International ArtExpo Group.
– A special about winner artist of video-art category on one of the most important video-art platforms (videoartworld.com).
– The participation to International Video-art exhibitions organized by the group “The Palestinian Social Cinema Arts Association”, for the winner artist of video-art category.
The contest, with a free theme, was divided into five categories: painting and drawing, sculpture and installation, photography, videoart and product design. The Jury of It’s LIQUID International Contest | First Edition 2012 selected 5 winners, one for each category, and 15 honorable mentions, 3 for each category, following the criteria of quality of the work, originality and uniqueness. The Jury was formed by prestigious personalities of the contemporary art, architecture, design scene including: Luca Curci (Architect, Artist – Italy) as the Jury President | Yousef Aldeek (Founder of the Palestinian cinema arts association – Palestine) | Thierry Alet (Art Fair director – USA) | Fausta Bolettieri (Curator – Italy) | Fortunato D’amico (Landscape architect, Curator – Italy) | Elis Saint Juste Gluckstein (Landscape architect, Curator – Italy/Austria) | Aranka Israni (Visual Artist – USA/UAE) | Dodi Karim (Artist – UK/Giordania) | Abd A. Masoud (Gallerist – Austria) | Macu Moran (Editor of videoartworld – Spain) | Constantin Severin (Writer, Philosopher, Artist – Romania) | Michele Spinelli (Gallerist, Art Collector – Italy) | Stefano Tordiglione (Designer, Artist – Italy/Hong Kong).
WINNERS of It’s LIQUID International Contest | First Edition 2012
.painting and drawing – winner
Claude Jones, Australia – “Wild Game”, 2011
Alessio Larocchi, Italy – “Flag copied out.jpn (Color paper selector)”, 2005 (left)
Aluan Argüelles, Cuba – “Sad Diamonds series”, 2010 (center)
Mya Ando, USA – “Sui getsu ka (water moon flower)”, 2011 (right)
.sculpture and installation – winner
Strijdom van der Merwe, South Africa – “Reaching for the sky”, 2011
Tanya Preminger, Israel – “Ritual Cut”, 2009 (left)
Emilio Corti, Italy – “Familija”, 2011 (center)
Zimoun, Switzerland – “200 prepared dc-motors, wire isolated, cardboard elements”, 2011 (right)
.photography – winner
Tetsugo Hyakutake, Japan – “Pathos and Irony: Industrial Still-Life in Japan #1”, 2006
Diana Nikolova, Bulgaria – “Ani”, 2011 (left)
Hakan Dagdelen, Turkey – “STILLS vs.”, 2011 (center)
Celia De Coca, Spain – “Grandmother”, 2009 (right)
.videoart – winner
Yuko Asai, Japan – “Make up”, 2011
.product design – winner
Miriam Aust & Sebastian Amelung, Germany – “Like paper”, 2011
Dylan Gold, USA – “Vessel: Ceramic”, 2011 (left)
Yaron Elyasi, Israel – “Forest”, 2011 (center)
Alejandro Gomez Stubbs, Colombia – “Wood Furniture”, 2010 (right)
It’s LIQUID Group would like to acknowledge all the artists and designers for their effort, vision, and passion for contemporary art, architecture, design innovation and the members of the Jury for their knowledge, time, and enthusiasm during the long review process as well as all the media partners for their support.
It’s LIQUID Group
c/o Luca Curci Architects
Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 33
70122 Bari (Italy)
Santa Croce, 1116
30135 Venezia (Italy)