SECOND EDITION 2012
ITSLIQUID GROUP, in collaboration with International ArtExpo, is proud to present "ITSLIQUID International Contest – Second Edition 2012".
The contest, opened to artists, architects and designers from all over the world, was born with the goal of promoting contemporary art, architecture and design through all the divulging tools that the communication platform ITSLIQUID has used for years (press release, mailing list with more than 80,000 subscribers, international contemporary art and design events realization).
ITSLIQUID International Contest – Second Edition 2012 had ten main categories: painting, sculpture and installation, photography, video-art, computer graphics, architecture, performing art, product design, fashion design, illustration.
Winners will be selected by public vote (which will award the Venice Art Residence) and by professional jurors’ vote (which will award one Solo Exhibition in Venice, one Solo Exhibition in Istanbul, Art Residences in Rome, Istanbul and Turin, 1 year of participation in International ArtExpo’s festivals, 1 year of ITSLIQUID Platform services).
Luca Curci (Architect, Artist – Italy)
Reedah El-Saie (Director and Curator of Mica Hub – UK), Cristian Contini (Gallery Manager and Coordinator of “Art Style” – Italy), Laurence Gartel (Digital Media Pioneer – USA), Özge Çelikaslan (Director of Koza Visual Culture and Arts Association – Turkey), Macu Moran (Imagery Curator and Editor of videoartworld – USA), Emell Gök Che (Artist and Designer – Germany), Thierry Alet Fwi (Director of FRèRE INDEPENDENT – USA), Maya Kashevitz (Art Curator – Israel), Simona Scafura (Event Manager and PR of Rich Cat Events – Italy / USA), Marta Stella (Artist and Art Curator – Spain), Ramuntcho Robles Quevedo (Art Critic and Art Curator – Spain)
ITSLIQUID International Contest promotes contemporary art, photography, architecture and design all over the world. Artists have the chance to win €50,000 in prizes, chosen both by public vote and professional jurors. And, among others, there are the chances to win a Solo Exhibition in Venice and a Solo Exhibition in Istanbul, leader cities for contemporary art.
ITSLIQUID International Contest - 2nd Edition 2012 Awards gives to the participants the possibility to win the following prizes:
- 1 Solo Exhibition in Venice, held in one of our exclusive locations located a few meters from the Ponte di Rialto on the Canal Grande with more than 1.000 mq of exhibition area, and located between San Marco square and the Arsenale, one of the main exhibition spaces of the Biennale of Venice – 1 Solo Exhibition in Istanbul, held in one of our exclusive venues in the centre of the City, in the Beyoğlu district nearby Taksim square
- 1 Solo Exhibition in Almería, held in MECA Mediterráneo Centro Artístico, one of the galleries of contemporary art more active and consolidated in Spain
- 1 exclusive art residence in Venice, located near Campo Santa Margherita (public vote award)
- 1 exclusive art residence in Rome, located in the centre of the City, nearby the Pantheon
- 2 exclusive art residences in Istanbul, located in the centre of the City, in the Beyoğlu district nearby Taksim square
- 3 exclusive art residences in Turin (Italy), located in the artistic and cultural centre of the City
- 1 year of participation in International Art Festivals organized by International ArtExpo. International ArtExpo is an independent group of artists with the objective to use new technologies to globalize the language of art, to connect the conceptual points of contact of artists working in every part of the world, all united in the thick plot of the world net. International ArtExpo works with a number of national and international galleries as well as publishers, museums, curators and writers from all over the world
- 1 year of interviews, publications and specials on the ITSLIQUID Platform and one year of email announcements sent to the mailing list dedicated (more than 80.000 subscribers). ITSLIQUID Group is a platform of communication dedicated to art, architecture and design. ITSLIQUID Group announces international events of art, new architectural projects, call for artists, products of design and diffuses them through a mailing list dedicated with more than 80.000 subscribers from all over the world. Among the mailing list subscribers, international galleries, museums, institutions, artists, architects and designers selected
ITSLIQUID Group is pleased to announce the WINNERS of the ITSLIQUID International Contest | Second Edition 2012. The second edition of ITSLIQUID International Contest received more than 500 submissions, 10 winners (one for each category) selected by the Jury following the criteria of quality of the work, originality and uniqueness, and 1 winner selected by Public vote.
ITSLIQUID GROUP would like to acknowledge all the artists and designers for their effort, vision, and passion for contemporary art, architecture, design innovation and the members of the Jury for their knowledge, time, and enthusiasm during the long review process as well as all the media partners for their support.
Painting category – Winner of 1 exclusive art residence in Turin
Pedro Batista, Portugal – “Memories in a balloon”, 2012
Video-art category – Winner of 1 year of participation in International Art Festivals
Cristina Gardumi, Italy – “Boybook, a love story”, 2012
Performing art category – Winner of 1 Solo Exhibition in Venice
Regine Schumann, Germany – "Connect, back to back", 2012
Illustration category – Winner of 1 exclusive art residence in Istanbul
Surjan Fumanelli C_UP, USA – "La Piazza del Prentice : volume 02 – terraces", 2012
Sculpture and Installation category – Winner of 1 exclusive art residence in Istanbul
ALLEGORY Schrurs Albert, Switzerland – “Flux Cocoon”, 2012
Computer graphics category – Winner of 1 exclusive art residence in Turin
Christian Kerrigan, UK – “Venice and its protocell reef”, 2009
Product design category – Winner of 1 Solo Exhibition in Istanbul
ROLF, Austria – “Finest Wooden Eyewear” collection, 2012
PUBLIC VOTE WINNER – Total likes: 1.5k
Nikola Rikanovic, Serbia – "The Prayer" (sculpture)
Photography category – Winner of 1 Solo Exhibition in Almería
Nora Schöpfer, Austria – “Gap of freedom”, 2011
Architecture category – Winner of 1 year It’s LIQUID Platform services
Michiya Tsukano, Japan – "house-T", 2012
Fashion design category – Winner of 1 Solo Exhibition in Istanbul
Nina Athanasiou, Germany – "The hard goodbye" collection s/s 2013
Public Vote honorable mentions
Valeria Geremia, Italy – "Sicula Butoh" (performance – left)
Rose Sathler, Brazil – "Locus Amoenus" (fashion design – centre)
Pedro Batista, Portugal – "Memories in a ballon" (painting – right)