French Dream Towers by XTU
Location: Hangzhou, China
Satus: Under study
Located in a new developing area of Hangzhou, the French Dream Towers are designed to display and showcase French expertise. In the first place by architecture:
– The wood frame for the definition of the large public and open space of the ground floor. It is a large open space in which are the entrance of the towers of the water basins and the exhibition of French start up.
– The facades of the towers with parts of bio facades micro algae culture [following XTU patent] and vegetated facades.
– The integration of the water cycle with the recycling of rainwater and grey-water by phytoremediation in basins.
Hangzhou is a city where water is very present, we want to continue, update and highlight this tradition. From a floating and undulating common base, 4 towers develop above in the continuity of the general torsion movement. The large roof is open in the middle opening into a central patio in which there is a pool that participates in comfort and refreshment. Two sides of the roof descend to the ground and allow visitors to enjoy the steps that rise on the roof garden. An aerial walk is proposed. The large central space open on all sides is structured by a wooden frame made of structural vaults. Water is very present on the site, course and delimit the interior spaces. Comfort, water and softness are omnipresent in these spaces.
This place is intended to encourage exchanges, meetings and the development of future projects. At the top of the towers are greenhouses occupied by trees. These are both rest areas for the occupants of the towers, and spaces for purification of the air. This project is very environmental and it seeks to show it to deliver a responsible message. Each towers has a theme:
– A first tower of gastronomy, haute cuisine, with French cuisine, fusion, a panoramic bar and bio fresh.
– A second tower of hospitality with, hotel, health care, beauty, cosmetic and spa.
– A third tower of Art Center tour with Art Galery, Artist residences, and digital art.
– Finally, a fourth tower for the french tech hub with offices, strart-up accelerators, digital cluster and co-working.
It is an open place of representation and exchange. Open to the future. The façades of these towers are variable and progressive: vegetal scales composed of resistant plants, micro algae culture bio-reactors panels, classic insulating glazing facades and glazed greenhouses. The culture of micro-algae on the building facade is a process developed by XTU for several years, it allows the symbiosis: the bio facade uses the thermal building to regulate the culture temperature of algae and at the same time these facades allow a much better insulation of buildings. High value-added bio-mass is collected for the cosmetic or medicine that brings in a lot of agents. It is a very virtuous system.