Call for Entries: International Video Art Festival “Now&After’13”
entry deadline: March 1, 2013
contact name: Marina Fomenko
contact email: email@example.com
International Video Art Festival “Now&After” is an annual event in Moscow, Russia. “Now&After” focuses on the presentation, development and promotion both Russian and International video art, getting together emerging and established artists from around the world to present their works to general audience. “Now&After” collaborates with Moscow Museum of Modern Art. For a few weeks all festival’s videos are shown in an integrated space of a video installation at the venue of Moscow Museum of Modern Art. Addition to the total show, every day a new video of the festival’s program is presented as an independent video installation “Video Now”.
The topic of this year is BETWEEN IMAGE AND PERSONALITY.
«NOW & AFTER’13» focuses its attention on the person. Image of the person has been one of the main themes of art since the ancient times. Artists have been recreating man’s image using various genres and techniques: from rock painting to ancient sculpture, from classic portrait to avatar. Image (from Latin: imago) is a visual representation by means of media. While creating an image of man, artists turn to reality to borrow social and gender stereotypes, and look into the past and the future, expanding the limits of perception and discovering the unknown within familiar. Personality (from Latin: регsonalitas) is a social and psychological aspect of a man, those special and unique features that belong exclusively to the person and determine his similarity to others as well as differences from them.
What do artists examine within the range between the man’s image and his/her personality?
•Keeping the identity or dissolution in the extensiveness of a “global village”
•Gender approach or anthropological paradigm
•Perception stereotypes or characteristics of personality
•Corporality or virtual image
•Performative representation of a person or detached observer’s view
•Crowd or society
•Close-up of a person or a community
•Portrait or self-portrait
And as usual, we would like to see the theme developing in time: a personality of the past, identification at present and images of the future.
1. There is no entry fee
2. All rights on videos remain property of authors
3. Submitted videos must have been completed after January 2010
4. Running time is up to 5 min (we are flexible; send us an e-mail if your film is longer)
5. Entry form must be completed online
6. Each applicant may send maximum 3 submissions
7. All the films selected for the competition program will be considered by the jury
8. All the videos, selected or not, become a part of Festival’s archive, and can be screened in any other place or event related to the Festival with exclusion of any commercial use, can be used in non-commercial research and for educational purposes
9. Authors of the best films will be awarded. The Festival’s Prize Fund is 100, 000 rubles (approx. 2,500 EUR)