Artists Wanted: Year In Review is a juried, international all-medium-encompassing open call for art. You are invited to take part in a mission to present a range of technique, style and narrative that captures the best emerging artists of 2011.
Submissions received by December 31, 2011 11:59pm EST will be considered for the $1,000 Early Entry Award in addition to the Grand Prize and Category Awards.
Let 2012 be the Year the World Sees Your Art. The second of an annual series, Artists Wanted: Year In Review is an international open call for Painting, Sculpture & Installation, Photography, Design & Illustration, Motion & Sound, and more, with a mission to present one selected visionary at SCOPE Art Show, the premier showcase for international emerging contemporary art and one of the most influential presences in the expanding global art market. Our goal is simple – to find amazing talents and expose them to the world in the most potent way possible.
The Grand Prize Package
One artist, determined by the Grand Prize jury, will be selected to receive:
* An exclusive booth at SCOPE New York 2012, next to the top figures in the global art scene
* $15,000 cash grant, including $10,000 to spend however you want and $5,000 toward production of the booth
* A printed feature in a limited edition Year in Review book
* Printed inclusion in the SCOPE New York 2012 catalog distributed at the fair
* A publicity campaign in New York City promoting you and your work
The People’s Choice Award
The public will cast their vote and the artist with the most viewed and highest voted portfolio will receive:
* 1 Month in a New York City Luxury Apartment this Summer 2012
* $2,500 cash grant
* International exposure via a feature published by Artists Wanted
The Category Awards
The jury panel will select six artists who will each receive inclusion in a Group Exhibition at SCOPE NY 2012, a $500 grant, an online feature published by Artists Wanted, a printed inclusion in the SCOPE New York 2012 catalog distributed at the fair and a printed feature in a limited edition Year in Review book. These six artists will be chosen in the following categories:
* Sculpture & Installation
* Works on Paper
* Design & Illustration
* Motion & Sound
The Early Entry Award
The jury panel will select one artist to receive a $1,000 grant, an online feature published by Artists Wanted, a printed inclusion in the SCOPE New York 2012 catalog distributed at the fair and a printed feature in a limited edition Year in Review book.
All artists who enter their work by Saturday December 31, 2011 11:59pm EST will be considered for the Early Entry Award.
PLUS: Selected artists will be printed in a limited edition Year in Review book!
Get your work reviewed by leaders in the industry. Entries will be reviewed in consideration for the Grand Prize, Category and Early Entry Awards by an esteemed panel of jurors:
* Alexis Hubshman, Founder of SCOPE Art Show
* Mollie White, Show Director of SCOPE Art Show
* James Jenkin, Executive Director of Printed Matter
* Jayme McLellan, Director and Founder of Civilian Art Projects
* Michael Royce, Executive Director of New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA)
* Fran Wu Giarratano, Exhibitions Manager of Independent Curators International (ICI)
* Eve Schillo, Curatorial Assistant at Los Angeles Country Museum of Art (LACMA)
* Nadja Sayej, Host & producer of ArtStars*
* Eva Kaczor, Publisher & Editor of ARTberlin.de
* Elizabeth Ann Macgregor, Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney (MCA)
* Sam Barzilay, Director & Founding Member of New York Photo Festival
Submit by December 31, 2011 11:59pm EST to be eligible for the $1,000 Early Entry Award in addition to the Grand Prize and Category Awards.